Thursday, October 31, 2013

C4K for October

C4K
For my first C4K I was assigned to read and comment on this blog Interactive Understanding of the Government

My Comment:

My name is Shakeya Andrews and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, AL.You said that your class started with a interactive discussion dealing with a current issue in our democratic society. Engaging students in discussions gives them the opportunity to get outside of their comfort zone and actually think and understand what they are learning. It is good that your class is allowed to express their opinions even if they may sometimes cause heated discussions not many classes that I have been enrolled in do that. This is the type of environment I want for my students. I want each and every one of them to be eager to learn more about the things we learn in the classroom and for them to use their imaginations if or when we have a discussion. Would you introduce government and politics in a 3rd or 4th grade class? Good Luck in the future. Shakeya Andrews

Summary:

The student informed us that in her class the talk about politics and how the government system works. She explained that she is in an online school for girls. Her teacher Mike Gwaltney assigns reading assignments that challenges the class to understand and breakdown the Declaration of Independence. He allows allows them to have open discussions between classmates about the way the government is going. The way the class argues about a topic is through and online discussion panel.It is said that the assignments that Mike Gwaltney assigns allows his students to look at pivotal issues that our society faces. Students also seem more interested into politics and how it works after taking this class.

I read Jessica's blog. Jessica is a student in Mrs. Hartooni's class.

Summary: Jessica's blog is entitled Science. The student explains what she would like to do in her science class, what she is currently learning about, and how she felt the first day of school in her blog. Jessica is currently learning about cells in her science class and she hopes that her teacher has some group work planned for them in the near future. She would also like to start using the garden in class. On Jessica's first day of class, she felt scared and she also had butterflies in her stomach.

My Comment: My name is Shakeya Andrews and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, AL. I can relate to your post. On my first day of school I felt scared and butterflies were in my stomach as well. I think it is natural to be nervous about the first day of school especially if you are starting your first day at a new school. The night before I began my first day of high school I tossed and turned because I could not go to sleep. I couldn't sleep because I did not know what to expect. You covered all of your points that you wanted your readers to know like what you are learning, how you felt your first day of school, and what you would like to do in your science class well!I would like to know what made you want to start gardening in your class?

I read Jen's Blog. Jen is a student in Mr. So's 2nd grade class.  Read Jen's Blog

My Comment: My name is Shakeya Andrews and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, AL. I thought it was really sweet of you to name your mom as your hero! I also enjoyed reading about why you chose your mom to be your hero. In the second sentence of your blog you defined what a hero is, which is good because it helps readers have a better understanding of what a hero is if they are unsure. I have one suggestion for you and that is consider changing your first sentence to "I am writing this blog to inform you who my hero is." Overall good job!

Shakeya Andrews

My Summary:
Jen starts her blog off by informing the reader she is writing about her hero in her blog she also defines what a hero is in her blog. Jen states "A hero to me is someone who is right beside you to save you." Jen says that her mom is her hero because she takes care of her when she is sick and because her mom listens to her when she needs someone to talk to. For my last C4K I read Alex K's blog.

For my last C4T of October, I was assigned to Alex K. Read Soybeans

My Comment: My name is Shakeya Andrews and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, AL. Hi Alex! Your blog about soybeans was really interesting and informative! It never crossed my mind that I was eating soybeans when I ate a chocolate candy bar. Chocolate is my favorite type of candy to eat. At least i'm getting my proteins in right? Have I ever grown soybeans? No, the only seeds I've ever planted were watermelon seeds and seeds for flowers. I like how you included where soybeans grow in your blog and you also included an interesting statement about how many soybeans it would take to fill up Lincoln Nebraska. Interesting! Continue including details in your writing and you will go far!

Shakeya Andrews

Summary: Alex talked about a girl who gave a speech on soybeans and where soybeans grow, which lead Alex to write a blog about soybeans. Alex stated that proteins from soybeans give you energy and they are also healthy for you to eat. In Alex's blog was information about where soybeans are grown and the types of food you can find soybeans in such as: meat and chocolate. Alex asked where do soybeans grow then Alex went on to explain that soybeans are grown in Nebraska and that they are natural resources. One interesting thing I found from Alex's blog is it takes more than 25 times soybeans to fill up Lincoln Memorial Stadium in Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment