Monday, November 18, 2013

C4K for November

C4K


For my first C4k assignment I read Isiah's blog. Isiah is a 7th grader in that attends England School in New Zealand

My comment: Hi Isiah! My name is Shakeya Andrews and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama.

I loved reading your blog because there was a lot of suspicion going on throughout your story. I could picture you in the woods being frightened by the noise you heard. I thought maybe a bear was after you, but it turned out to be an owl. Overall, good job! However, I have one suggestion for you. Make sure every "I" in your paragraphs are capitalized and for the sentence "I’m in the wood’s” you don't need to put an apostrophe after the d. You kept me as the reader on edge!

Summary: Isiah's blog is entitled What's that Noise. In his blog he starts off telling us that he got out of bed because he heard a whistle. After hearing the noise Isiah went looking around to see where the noise was coming from. He was startled after hearing the words "I'm in the woods" so he searched and searched until he could figure out where the noise was coming from. The noise lead him to a camp close to his two friends who were laughing at Isaih because the noises he heard were just owls.

I was assigned to read Mrs.Yollis Blog my Comment: Hi Mrs. Yollis!

My name is Shakeya Andrews and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. Your video was fun and interesting to watch.I love the way you get parents involved with what the students are doing. It is important that parents are monitoring what their children are doing especially if they are able to blog outside of the classroom. Dr. Strange teaches our EDM 310 class to leave a comment on our peers blog that contains quality, which is why I found it interesting that you inform your students to proofread their comments, ask questions, and leave specific comments when they are commenting on other students blogs. I believe once they master this skill they will be able to leave comments with quality and write blogs that are detailed and grammatically correct as well. Also, I love your 1-2 point system! I may have to use it in my future classroom. What a great way to get students involved!

Shakeya

Summary: Mrs.Yollis talks about how her students uses blogging in the classroom in her video. She informs us that she has two blogs. One of the blogs is a class blog and the other blog Mrs. Yollis has is a 365 blog, which allows parents, people from other countries, and her students the opportunity to leave comments and pictures of different photo and text. Mrs. Yollis uses blogging as a way to enhance literacy in the classroom and she also teaches her students how to leave comments of quality on their peers blogs. Students are able to improve their comments by getting feedback from other students. Mrs. Yollis allows her students to use what is called the 1-2 point system to determine how well someone did with their comment. The 1-2 point system ranks how well each comment is.

No comments:

Post a Comment